What training do you need?

The bare minimum qualification you need to run a pub is your Personal Licence. It is a legal requirement to posess one before being able to sell alcohol. Visit the BII Website to book yourself onto an NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal License Holders) course in your area.

Pre- Entry Awareness Training

In our Code of Practice, we have made PEAT a mandatory requirement to complete before you are able to apply for one of our vacancies. PEAT is an e-learning package that identifies the main issues which need to be considered and investigated before signing a pub tenancy or lease agreement.

If you are looking to take on a pub lease or tenancy in England or Wales then taking PEAT will give you the necessary knowledge to evaluate the agreement which you are seeking to enter as well as advising you of other issues which you may not be aware of.

For more information about the course and how to complete it, visit the BII Website.