S.A. Brain & Company Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is S.A. Brain & Company Limited of The Cardiff Brewery, PO Box 53, Crawshay Street, Cardiff, CF10 1SP.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.sabrain.com ("our site") or by corresponding with us by phone or e-mail, when you visit our pubs or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order or booking on our site, enter a competition, add a post on any of our websites or social media spaces, participate in a promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. We will also collect information when you use our Wi-Fi networks to access the internet. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and interests and your photograph. We may also ask you which of our pubs, hotels and inns you have visited or intend to visit.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographic location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us. We may track where you came to our site from and where you went when you left our site and how often you visit and use our site.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, customer insight companies and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, booked or enquired about;
- to send you details of our offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you;
- for research and marketing purposes;
- to help us make decisions regarding our business (e.g. in the case of feedback on our brands, products and services);
- to notify you about changes to our products or services;
- to ensure that content from our site, mobile apps and other services and activities is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for research and marketing purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and service providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our customers (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they intend to target (for example, women in South Wales).
- Research companies who require the data in order to provide us with information and advice in relation to our marketing strategy.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If S.A. Brain & Company Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Use of your information for marketing purposes
When you provide your information, we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about our products and services provided by S.A. Brain & Company Limited and its group companies and other information which we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by contacting email@example.com
If you opt-out of receiving such communications we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or PIN which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share a password or PIN with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.