We’re recruiting a Senior Financial Accountant who will be responsible for the leadership of the financial accounting team (5 direct reports) to provide an efficient, responsive, professional and confidential financial accounting service. Reporting to the Head of Finance the successful candidate will lead a team who are responsible for reporting the financial performance of the business, ensuring the integrity of management and statutory reporting and robust control of cash flow.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage resource to ensure the weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc financial reporting requirements are produced in the agreed format to agreed deadlines
- Support the Head of Finance in making the necessary changes to improve efficiency of the accounting system.
- Manage the annual tax monthly duty, quarterly VAT returns and associated analysis with company tax advisors.
- Co-ordinating the collation and construction of annual statutory accounts for both S A Brain & Co Ltd and all subsidiary companies.
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance review, maintain and document all accounting policies and processes
- Cyclical finance process owner e.g. month-end accounts
- Effective team management ensuring;
- Accounts Payable are authorised and settled in a timely manner, accruals and prepayments are efficiently and correctly recorded
- Accounts Receivables are invoiced promptly and escalation procedures are in place to ensure invoices are settled on time through robust credit control procedures
- Work with various stakeholders across the business to drive efficiency and performance.
- Line management of team including setting clear ways of working, agreeing KPIs and Personal Development Plans for each team member, conducting regular 121s to track performance and provide ongoing feedback, coaching, support and mentoring on performance and behaviours, as well as holding mid-year and year end performance development reviews to assess progress against agreed KPIs
- Responsibility for managing the resource for all financial reporting managing & monitor the monthly reporting process within set timescales and communication of results to the wider business. Including the management of cash flow within parameters set by our banking partners, raising any issues in a timely fashion.
We’re looking for someone who is ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or QBE or equivalent and will have experience gained within the brewing, hospitality of FMCG sectors. Experienced in taxation, cash flow and consolidated statutory accounting the successful applicant will also demonstrate a proven track record of proactive team management to implement and develop improved working practices.
Whilst the role is based in the Cardiff Support Centre the post holder will need to demonstrate a willingness to travel across the SAB estate with a flexible approach to working additional hours and days during peak accountancy periods.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
£40,000 - £45,000
Apply for this job